Standard Event Place bug on Census Source Linker
I have just been linking sources of censuses to individuals in the extended family. As the default text of location in the census sometimes includes 'ward', 'city', or 'side', I have been changing the default to the correct location from the drop-down list. To my dismay, after entering many of these, I discovered that all of my 'corrections' now show as being without a Standard Event Place. Definitely a bug in the programming.
I've included pictures to help show the problem:
- The default Residence on the left includes 'Ward 2', which oddly is interpreted as the Town of Oshkosh, not city. (another bug that can't handle Wisconsin's ability to have two municipalities with the same name ('Town of' next to a 'City of' or 'Village of'))
- I enter 'Oshkosh' and the drop-down shows.
- I select the city entry. All shows well.
- 4. When going to the individual, I notice the red exclamation point, indicating no Standard Location.
- 5. On clicking Edit to the Residence, the Standardized Event Place is showing the error triangle and 'No standard is selected'.
- 6. I can correct it there and all is well.
In retrospect, trying to keep the data clean has only caused more work overall.